Alan, Shelley & Ella

Alan, Shelley & Ella

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Family Reunion In Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.

Thanks to Megan for taking such great pictures. We have everyone except for Warren. He couldn't make it, but we sure did miss him and his family in Idaho.


So here is the Hess family. We had everyone wear the same color in their family so others would know what kids went with who. I think the colors turned out great. We are only missing my brother Warren's fam, but they will hopefully be able to come next year!
Roasting marshmallows at the campfire. Grandpa, Megan and Tate.
Playing the M & M game. They had to sort the colors individually into each cup under a minute. Here is a picture of Calli and Janene.
My niece Natasha with cousin Corey. Such cute kids!
My Mama with baby Ella at the Olympic Pool w/ slides.
My oldest Brother Jason and his daughter Jocelyn. It was so nice to see their family.
The Olympic Pool had these fun little slides. I think this is my brother Nate. I am too chicken and afraid of heights, so I did not go down them. But enjoyed seeing everyone else do it.
My Brother Brandon and his kiddos around him: Aubrey, Bracken, and Calvin.
My Brother Nate with the Ball because we absolutely love basketball in the Hess family. He is in the indoor pool with nephew Alex. Aren't they handsome fellows.
My baby doll Ella. She absolutely loves the water, even if it's a little chilly. She is such a good baby!
Ella with her cousins: Jennica and Matt. She loves her cousins.
This was so cute. These two were inseparable. Jocelyn and Aubrey.
I had my sister in law Julie create a game from Cranium except all the questions were Hess related, either about my Dad or had to do with the family. It was really fun to play. Here is Matt using cookie dough to participate in a sculpturades.
Here is Owl Hollow Inn. It was fantastic. It had 4 bedrooms, with Master Bedroom, walk in closets where a lot of the kiddos stayed, kitchen, front room, parlor room, dining room, game room, deck, and two fire pits. It was decorated nicely, and was so beautiful, especially since Idaho had received so much moisture.
Here we are in the front yard. So much outdoor space. I was in charge of the reunion this year. In this picture almost everyone is participating in having to roll dice and get doubles and then run into the center of the circle and grab the oven mitts, butter knife, fork and unwrap the package of gum; and eat a piece before the next player rolls doubles.
Here the cousins are playing a minute to win it game called "Mad Dog." This is where I taped tic tacs to rulers and they had to use just their mouths in under a minute to shake them all out. It was so funny to see. Bracken was doing a head stand to get his tic tacs out.
My Brother Ryan. He actually got a piece of bubble gum using those oven mitts, Impressive! This picture actually reminds me of a childhood memory from when we were kids. I always remember Ryan eating bubblegum or numerous pieces at one time and blowing the biggest bubble and then having it pop and get stuck on his entire face. It makes me laugh!
Here is my brother Jason playing the Cotton Run Relay. His team had to wipe vaseline on their noses and get a cotton ball stuck without it dropping and take it from one bowl and put it in the other. They had to get 5 cotton balls in a minute. This made me laugh so hard to see everyone so intensely try to keep this cotton ball on their nose.
So I guess I still have a little teacher in me. It's quite funny when you have to say to your family, "If you can hear me touch the top of your head." At least it worked and everyone stopped talking.
Here is my Mom doing the cotton run relay. I think she looks so cute. She is going to hate me for posting this.
Uncle Alan is so great with the kids, that HE decided to take the kids on a nature walk. Jennica in the background has his I-pad so they can jot dot all the things they saw, kind of like a journal. He is really so great with all the kids. I know Alan would like to have his baseball team of kids, but I think 4 is a great number.
These kids are just too dang cute. Cousins: Bracken, Calvin, and Kaylee.
Adorable Jocelyn in the hammock.

1 comment:

HILL HESS said...

You did such a great job organizing the reunion, Shells! I really wish we could have been there.