Alan, Shelley & Ella

Alan, Shelley & Ella

Monday, August 15, 2011

Alan's Surprise 30th Birthday Party!


Alan and I walking down to the clubhouse for his Surprise Birthday Party. I had to make up so many lies to Alan over the past 3 weeks, and he fell for all of them. In order to get him down to the clubhouse I told him that Carol our manager needed us to sign some paperwork with his signature since he is the head of the household. He then told me, but the office is closed, especially since it was 7 in the evening. I then preceded to tell him that Lonnie and Nick the maintenance guys were working late because of flooding that occurred at the clubhouse from it raining all day. He then said, "Oh is that why I saw a cement truck go drive down to the clubhouse." I said, "Yes that is correct." It was fun to throw him a surprise birthday party. I spent a couple weeks during Ella's naps making all the decorations for it. I couldn't have pulled it off without Alan's parents to help me out on that Friday around 2-6 to help decorate the clubhouse and get last minute decorations. Thank you Jim and Marilyn!

Ella wearing a party hat to help celebrate Datty's Birthday!
I love this picture of Ella and her Daddy! She has her eyes closed and is giving Daddy a kiss!
Here are some of the neighborhood people at the party! My next door neighbor is Amy. She is really nice. She watched Ella's monitor for me and Ella while I was running back in forth from the clubhouse to my town home to drop off things for the party before Alan got home. She is the one sitting down at the table in front.
Al's cake, which I bought at Sam's. I did make the cupcakes and Marilyn's yummy frosting which she made for me. Then preceded by the toothpick with paper teeth inside each cupcake.
Gabby a neighborhood kido who is starting kindergarten this year, she is working at a word search at the kids table. I placed at the kids table some coloring pages of teeth, and a word search and crossword puzzle about dental terms, while the kids were waiting for Alan to get here.
My neighbors that live across the street on the left: Daniel and Jessika. Such sweet neighbors. Everyone was suppose to be at the clubhouse at 6:45 pm. that evening for the Surprise. Alan and I were to arrive around 7ish. Jessika and her husband came over the house around 6:50 pm. and when I answered the door sweet Jessika said, "Did I ruin the surprise." I looked at her and said, no,what are you talking about, come in." Jessika is a really great cook so I told her to come into the kitchen and look at some recipes of mine and just pretend to tell me how good they looked even if they didn't. Her husband Daniel, distracted Alan enough by talking to him in the front room. Jessika was so sweet, that she covered herself by saying, well I wanted to invite you over for Dinner because I knew it was your birthday. She then gave Alan a frame with candy bar for his birthday because she knew that Alan was into taking pictures with his new camera. On the right we have Lesley and Brandon from our ward who are such great people as well.
Brandi, Mille and Sarah from the town homes.
I made 4 of these for Al's birthday party. Ella helped me by carrying the glue stick around the house.
The clubhouse decorated, all ready for the party!
On each table I used my mason jars with paper windmills I made and ribbon. I also placed thank you suckers on the tables for all of our guests that came.
For food we had fruit, pretzels, oreos, angel food cake with chocolate fondue. It was really yummy. I didn't know how delicious oreo cookies dipped in chocolate would be, but it was so tasty!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

what an awesome party. You made the club house look so so good. Tell Allen Happy Birthday.

HILL HESS said...

How neat!!!

Jen R. said...

You did so great! Wish we could have been there. We're back in town and now you're gone!

Amy said...

Awesome Party! Looks like you have had a really fun summer! We miss you guys!