Alan, Shelley & Ella

Alan, Shelley & Ella

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Alan's Break from School!

 We celebrated Alan's birthday when we went to St. Louis for his break! We actually took Ella Wednesday evening to stay with his parents and then we came down on Friday evening. It was nice to get things done without Ella around, but I missed her so much! There were times during the day that I would just cry because I didn't know what to do with myself.  She is my little buddy I hang out with all day long.  I managed to run a lot of errands, do some shopping for myself, Alan's birthday and receive a massage at Briar Cliff. It was nice but I don't think I will ever do it again! 
 I got this idea off of pinterest for Alan's birthday. I bought him a tool belt at home depot and inside the pockets put the following: a tag that said, "I hope this gift measures up." with a tape measure and the gift was a watch, a tag that said, "Next time your not too busy let's ply a game." for pliers and the game was pictionary, a tag that said, "I hope I nailed it with your favorite candy", which he loves twizzlers, a tag that said, "Have you saw all the good movies this year", with a gift card to AMC theater, and the last tag said, "Lets hammer out the details and go out to eat", and I bought him a gift card to Five Guys because he loves his burgers! We love Alan and he is such a good Daddy and Husband! We hope he had a great birthday! Happy 31st!
 Ella and I being silly! I love this kid! 
 The best zoo I have ever been to, is St. Louis Zoo! They finally completed their Sea Lion Exhibit. It is way worth going to. They created this glass tunnel you walk through and the sea lions swim over you and the Sea Lion Exhibit is beautiful. They even had a sea lion show that was fun to see as well! 
 Ella with her monkey (chimpanzee). He was definitely eating something! It is really neat how they get so close to the glass! Her favorite show is "Curious George". 
In the glass tunnel at the Sea Lion Exhibit! 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW. I love your posts!!!! I love how big little Ella has gotten. Always remember that she is going to marry my Micah. Don't let her flirt with any boys. (smile) You are a beautiful family. Thanks for posting.

Amy said...

Love getting caught up on your fun family! Ella is just too cute!